Prepare the way for people to fully engage in weekend worship. These teams help welcome people “from the street to the seat”. There are many roles available for you to serve with your unique abilities:
• Traffic – Direct people with enthusiasm and joy as they enter and leave church parking areas. Provide guidance, assistance and information as needed.
• Greeters – Welcome people warmly as they enter church buildings. Showing interest in a loving fashion that will set a positive and uplifting environment.
• Ushers – Look after people being seated for worship service. Working as a team to facilitate offering time, communion time, etc.
• Service Coordinators – Assist Campus Coordinator in looking after volunteer teams during weekend worship.
• Safety/Medical - Provide a safe environment for people to take a step towards Christ.
• Support Teams:
Communion Preparation – Assemble communion elements and ready them for distribution during worship service.
Faithful Folders – Assemble weekend handouts, prepare worship room with necessary supplies (envelopes, pens, tissues, etc)
Hospitality. – Prepare food and drink for in volunteer’s “Champions Room”
• No prior experience required.
• Some roles require a background check.
• Must be age 14 to serve unless accompanied by an adult.
• Attending The Journey is encouraged.
• Serve weekly during one of our weekend services or two times per month (i.e. 1st, 3rd & 5th week or 2nd & 4th week each month).
• Plan for two hours per serving opportunity.
• Arrive 1 hour prior to start of service and plan to serve until approximately 20 minutes after service starts.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this opportunity.